is the family retreat of Bernard Jarrier and Carole Peck, the nationally acclaimed cookbook author and chef-owner of the Good News restaurant and bar in Woodbury, Connecticut. The Prieuré is situated directly across from the 12th century church at the center of Montfrin, on the site of a former Roman camp bordering the River Gardon and near the famous Roman aqueduct, Le Pont du Gard.
The village of Montfrin is located in the heart of Provence at the center of a triangle formed by the cities of Avignon, Arles and Nimes, each about 20 minutes drive from Montfrin. Convenient air and rail connections from Paris and other locations are available to these cities
The Prieuré Notre Dame is home
to Carole Peck’s Provence Culinary
Tours, offering a comprehensive
introduction to the foods, wine and
cuisine, culture and natural beauty
of Provence. The Prieuré is also
available for private rental.
For more information call or email
Bernard at 203.266.4622
steeped in historyin the heart of Provence
Join Carole Peck in Provence in 2018!
Our special delight is to introduce sophisticated travelers to the rich history, natural beauty, and culinary delights of this extraordinary region in the south of France. Intimate tour groups of 8 to 12 persons allow each participant to enjoy an unforgettable personal experience as they discover Provence from a true insider’s perspective.
You will be our guest at our newly restored home in Montfrin, Prieuré Notre Dame, which boasts a history dating back to the 12th century with all the contemporary comforts of today. There you will enjoy cocktails and a grand family-style dinner with us on the evening of your arrival, and a delightful breakfast when you awake each morning. Your sojourn will unfold with varied daily activities planned to ensure that you savor all the wonders that Provence has to offer. Some of the highlights:
- Cooking classes featuring local star chefs who will demonstrate culinary techniques suitable for all skill levels—plus the bonus of dining on the fruits of their labors!
- Visits to local open-air farm markets, the biggest and best of France.
- Sumptuous meals in some of the region’s best bistros and most acclaimed restaurants—enlivened even more by Bernard's special dining discoveries, where he pairs the local cuisine with wines from the best regional vineyards.
- Plenty of sightseeing opportunities that take full advantage of Carole and Bernard's knowledge of Provence, plus shopping and antiquing made easy with the euro.
- Abundant opportunities for private tastings that allow you to experience the wonderful foods and wines of Provence at their source.
We are accepting reservations for our 2018 tours at room rates of $4,200 per guest double occupancy, or $4,300 single occupany for the all-inclusive tour package covering accommodations with private bath, three meals a day plus all wines and other beverages, sightseeing, and ground transportation. Air and rail fares are not included in the package cost; pickups and drop-offs for tour guests are made in Avignon. For your comfort and security, we provide professionally chauffeured ground transportation for the tour from arrival to departure.